Do you ever say “I’m just getting old” to explain those aches?
Latest posts by georgianfamily (see all)
- Keeping track with your healthy new years resolutions - January 23, 2020
- Posture for an aging population - July 23, 2019
- Indie Head Massage - June 13, 2019
Do you ever say to yourself “I’m just getting old”
You hear it everyday, somebody will say “I am just getting old” to explain that achy back, or neck. The problem with this statement is every part of your body is as old as the next part; the top vertebra is just as old as the lowest vertebra. Age does not explain this problem. The real culprit is some areas experience more wear and tear than others. If this wear and tear is not fixed early, it becomes a bigger problem as you age.
So what can you do?
- The number one fix is to address the problem early: If you are showing signs of a minor problem in your 20s, it is going to progress further into your 50s, 60s, and so on. It is similar to that squeaky car. Chances are that squeak is going to get a lot louder until the problem is fixed or the car is broken down.
- Keep Active: There is a reason active people don’t have the same aches and pains inactive people do. Activity and exercise helps us release more endorphins (our happy hormones) and put us in a better mood. Exercise will also keep all of your joints mobile and lubricated fully. Lastly, it raises our energy levels so you don’t feel exhausted at the end of the day.
- Keep mobile: our bodies will adapt to how we use them. It is the old “use it or lose it”. If you are stuck at a desk all day your body will adapt to that position. You will lose mobility in other ranges of motion and when it gets too tight, it becomes a problem. Keeping your body mobile through yoga, stretches, and exercise will keep you mobile and prevent the lost movement that results in a lot of the aches we experience.
- Get Assessed: There is no better way to fix a problem than before it even starts. This is done by having a health care professional take you through a physical, a screen or an evaluation to find those minor restrictions, limitations or weaknesses that you can’t find yourself. How many times has someone had a little concern and went on WebMD to find 100 different causes. Get professionally assessed to make sure you get the correct solution.
blogKeeping track with your healthy new years resolutions
Posture for an aging population
Indie Head Massage
Allergies in the Air?
17,280 Ways you are provoking your neck pain
Homemade Paleo Bread
Optimizing Health For Surgery
Are you worried about slipping on the ice this winter?
Are you giving up on your new years resolution?
SURVIVING THE COLD AND FLU SEASON
eventsMove By Design
Move By Design – December 17, 2014
Eat By Design Seminar Nov. 5th 2014